Travelling is a great adventure. It allows people to explore the world and experience new cultures, cuisines and customs. Whether you are into sightseeing a city or just lounging on the beach somewhere remote, there is always something that will interest you. Here are the twelve cities you must travel to once in your life:
1. New York City – One of the most iconic cities in the world, New York City has it all – skyscrapers, bustling streets full of shops and restaurants, Broadway shows and amazing museums such as The Met and The American Museum of Natural History. Whether you’re a foodie looking for some of the best street food in North America or a fashionista shopping until dawn at Manhattan’s 5th Avenue, New York City has something to suit everyone’s tastes.
2. Paris – An elegant city known as the “City of Light,” Paris is known for its fashion and beauty, but also for its amazing architecture and rich history. From shopping on the Champs-Élysées to exploring iconic landmarks such as the Eiffel Tower or Notre Dame Cathedral, there is no shortage of things to do in this beautiful capital city.
3. London – A bustling metropolis home to a diverse population from all over the world, London offers a truly unique experience for visitors with everything from royal palaces and museums like the British Museum to street theatre performances at Shoreditch or traditional English pubs serving fish and chips.
4. Rome – The Eternal City is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, with its rich history and gorgeous architecture that can be seen in both ancient buildings like the Colosseum or more modern sites such as St Peter’s Basilica. With delicious Italian cuisine and world-famous sights like the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps, there are plenty of reasons to visit this amazing city.
5. Barcelona – A coastal capital famous for its amazing architecture by Antoni Gaudí, Barcelona has something for everyone from beaches to museums to festivals such as La Merce with street performers and art exhibitions. Whether you want spend sunny days at Barceloneta beach or stroll through Parc Güell, this beautiful city will delight and inspire you.
6. Venice – A charming city made up of over 100 islands in the Venetian Lagoon, Venice is known for its canals and gondolas that allow visitors to explore different parts of the city. With amazing works of art at the Peggy Guggenheim Museum and delicious pasta dishes served all over town, there’s no wonder people flock to this romantic city to experience a different kind of adventure.
7. Tokyo – The bright lights and noisy streets of Japan’s capital are a must-visit for anyone looking for an exciting but also culturally rich experience. Whether you want to shop until you drop at Akihabara or enjoy some authentic sushi at Tsukiji, Tokyo has something for everyone with its beautiful parks and gardens, skyscrapers and temples.
8. Hong Kong – A vibrant city full of contradictions with both a booming economy and incredible natural beauty, Hong Kong offers something for everyone from hiking in the mountains to exploring bustling bazaars. With amazing food options and jaw-dropping views from Victoria Peak, there’s no wonder so many people want to visit this unique city in Asia.
9. Sydney – This stunning coastal capital is packed full of activities for all kinds of travellers – whether you’re looking for the best seafood on The Rocks or carefree days lounging on Manly Beach, there are plenty of things to do in Sydney. With its vibrant atmosphere and incredible architecture, this city is a must-vis for anyone travelling to Australia.
10. Istanbul – A fascinating city that straddles two different continents and covers both Europe and Asia, Istanbul has become an incredibly popular destination in recent years with plenty of things to do from exploring mosques to shopping at the Grand Bazaar or admiring fine art at The Blue Mosque. From street markets to beautiful scenery, there’s no doubt that this city offers something for everyone visiting Turkey.
11. Buenos Aires – The cultural capital of Argentina is a lively metropolis full of life and energy, but also filled with gorgeous parks such as Bosques de Palermo and stunning buildings like Casa Rosada. Whether you want to dance the tango or savour delicious steaks, this city has something for everyone with its world-famous nightlife and cultural activities.
12. Berlin – A fascinating city that’s undergone many changes in recent history, Berlin is a great destination for anyone interested in learning more about the country’s past as well as experiencing modern life. From breathtaking views of the city from Reichstag Dome to excellent street food inspired by international influences, there are plenty of reasons why this capital stands out among other European capitals.